Quote by Mark Twain: “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which h...”
Far side of the Moon
The far side of the Moon is the hemisphere of the Moon that always faces away from Earth. The far side's terrain is rugged with a multitude of impact craters and relatively few flat lunar maria compared to the near side. Both sides of the Moon experience two weeks of sunlight followed by two weeks of night; even so, the far side is sometimes called the " dark side of the Moon ", where "dark" is used to mean unseen rather than lacking sunlight. About 18 percent of the far side is occasionally visible from Earth due to libration. The remaining 82 percent remained unobserved until , when it was photographed by the Soviet Luna 3 space probe. The Soviet Academy of Sciences published the first atlas of the far side in
Top definition. Dark Side of the Moon unknown. A monumental album recorded by Pink Floyd in March of Set the tone as the defining concept album , along with Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band by the Beatles. Contains nine tracks, including their first true hit, Money.
And, perhaps most crucially, the record had genuine meaning. Toc H. Along with adhering to a cohesive concept, Waters wanted Dark Side to feature lyrics that were more lucid and direct than anything the band had written before. The album was very nearly called Eclipse. From the beginning, the band had intended to call their new album Dark Side of the Moon — a reference to lunacy, as opposed to outer space — but when British heavy blues rockers Medicine Head released an album of the same name in , it caused the Floyd to rechristen their project as Eclipse. Floyd fans were first treated to Dark Side of the Moon in concert more than a year before the album was actually released. I always had an obsession with finding sounds that would turn something into 3D.
Discovering a classic like The Dark Side of the Moon is not easy as you could guess by the millions of copies sold, or by the velvet sounds that accompany the mythology of the album. In order to get closer with the concept of the album, we first need to get over that technical perfection that has brought many critics to consider it just a refined proof of sound engineering mastery; then, we need to overcome the veil of sophisticated easy-listening mood that somebody complain about; and finally, we need to exit our comfort zone and deepen the lyrics, cryptic and ambiguous, developed around the meditation about existence. The largest support of the album is in fact a deep humanism, made of pain and existentialism.
In early British experimental rock band Pink Floyd released their 8th album, Dark Side of the Moon, arguably the greatest rock album ever created. Since its release, it has become a cornerstone to 20th century culture and provided great inspiration to artists within and outside of music. Its success encouraged other musicians to explore more progressive styles of music, and it raised the bar for recorded sound for future albums. The hard work that Pink Floyd put into this album paid off financially as Dark Side of the Moon became one of the best selling albums of all time. After its release it went to number one on the Billboard chart for one week, but it ended up staying on the Billboard charts for a consecutive weeks or just over 14 years. This feat would make the album one of the Top 25 best selling albums ever. Dark Side of the Moon has endured through the years because it is such a well written and thought out concept album.
Have you noticed that when you look up at the moon , you always see the same features? You can see craters and patches of different colors. With a pair of binoculars or a telescope , you can make out even more detail. But no matter how you look at the moon, you're always seeing the same landscape. What's on the other side of the moon? Many people use the phrase "the dark side of the moon" to describe something mysterious and unknown. The dark side of the moon is supposed to be the side we never see, the side that faces away from Earth.